Recording live matches: how to?
5 years, 11 months ago
University Snooker & Pool closed this evening.
by Patrick De Wilde
8 years, 2 months ago
Munich Open 2
8 years, 2 months ago
2012 Leuven open on YouTube
by Patrick De Wilde
8 years, 9 months ago
Nations Cup 2012: Round 7 against Turkey
8 years, 11 months ago
- Recording live matches: how to? by Johan
- 4 Cubes
- Antwerp Open
- BC 3-point matches
- Brugge Backgammon Day
- Brussels Backgammon Day
- Brussels Friendly
- Doubles Consulting
- European Team Championship
- Ghent Open
- International Backgammon Championship
- Leuven Open
- Monte Carlo
- Nations Cup
- Nordic Open
- rating record
- winning streak
Match #1 in the BIC 2019 final between Michel Lamote and Paul van Dijke took place on Tuesday, December 17, in Ghent.
Robin “rain” Bilderbeek filmed and transcribed the match and produced the following great video. Enjoy!
The Leuven Monthly tournament series continues in 2020 (of course). Here are the dates:
- Winter => on Sunday (13:45) : 26/01 – 23/02 – 22/03
- Spring => on Friday (19:45) : 24/04 – 22/05 – 26/06
- Autumn => on Sunday (13:45) : 27/09 – 18/10 – 22/11
- Final : probably on Sunday 20/12
Venue: Sport & Squash Club de Vaart, Kolonel Begaultlaan 15, 3012 Wilsele.
On the club’s website, you can also sign up for the club’s newsletter, so you receive our announcements (about one per month).
See you in 2020! — Henri, Johan, Nader
The 8th general assembly of the BGFed.be npo took place in tennis club le Roseau, Uccle, on Friday, December 6, 2020, prior to the Brussels Friendly 95 tournament.
The minutes of the meeting are available on the page Federation.
Immediately after the General Assembly of BGFed.be npo, organizer Guy Van Middelem welcomed 22 players at the 95th edition of the Brussels Friendly in tennis club le Roseau, Uccle.
In a very enjoyable atmosphere everybody played four 5-point-matches. Sassan Kachanian and Alain Chif were the only players who managed to win all their games. Five players (Itzhak Solsky, Kristoffer De Weert, Luc Palmans, Theo Sarmanidis & Mahir Yalçin) finished with 3 wins, and shared the third prize.
The Brussels Backgammon Club welcomed two new members for 2020 : Joya Capelluto and Rik Vos. They started winning some matches already.
Next tournaments: Leuven Monthly, on Sunday, December 15, at 13h45 in Squash club de Vaart, Wilsele; Brussels Friendly 96 on Friday, January 3, 2020 at 19h45 in tennis club le Roseau, Uccle.
Save the date for Brussels Friendly 100 on Friday, May 1, 2020. Celebrating backgammon, a whole day long.
— LP & GvM
The first set (13 points) will be played on Tuesday, December 17, 2019, at 19:00. The second and possibly third sets (also to 13 points) will be played on Friday, December 20, 2019, at 19:00.
Venue: K.A. Union-Sandeman, Kantienberg 5, 9000 Gent
Full results: BIC results 2019
Dear backgammon friend, member of a BGFed.be backgammon club,
You’re kindly invited to the General Assembly of BGFed.be – Belgian Backgammon Federation – on Friday the 6th of December 2019 at 18.00 PM in Tennis Club ‘le Roseau’, 60, rue du Roseau – Rietweg at 1180 Brussels.
The Assembly will be followed by the Brussels Friendly 95 tournament at 19.45 PM.
- Welcome drink & word by the President (Guy Van Middelem).
- Financial report of the Treasurer (Alain Chif) : changes in the by-laws (address – reduction of board members) and legal publication, balance 2019, budget 2019, EUBGF fee, membership fees.
- Report of the 4-Cubes committee (Luc Palmans, chairman) : report 2019 (format, teams, calendar ) ; project for 2020.
- Report of the BIC committee (Kristoffer De Weert) : report 2019 (format, participants, calendar) ; project for 2020 (format, participants).
- Report of the Selection committee 2018 (Johan Huyck) : report European / World Championships in Montenegro 2019 ; project for France 2020.
- Report of the BMS-committee (Geert Van der Stricht) : report 2019 ; project for 2020.
- Report of the Rating committee (Johan Segers) : report 2019 ; project for 2020.
- Relation to the EUBGF (Guy Van Middelem) : report of the EUBGF Assembly in Montenegro 2019.
- Club reports (Brugge – LVD ; Gent – BVK ; Brussels – GVM ; Leuven – HP). Organisation of BGFed.be championships (1-point, 5-point,…).
Please note : a) every individual member of a BGFed.be affiliated club is invited to the GA ; b) in the eventual case of voting : voting rights are per member (1 vote per club) and per founding member (1 vote per member).
Keep on rolling, — Guy Van Middelem, President BGFed.be
With 5 victories out of 5 encounters, the team of Gent has convincingly conquered the 4 Cubes 2019. Runner-up was Leuven 2, who held the 4 Cubes for three consecutive years 2016-2018.
In total, six teams participated at the 2019 edition of Belgium’s backgammon inter-club competition in a single round-robin format. Their mutual results are summarized in the table below. Detailed rules and results are to be found in the Tournament book, compiled by tournament director Luc Palmans.
Rounds 4 and 5 took place on Sunday, October 27, in the beautiful surroundings of the Koninklijke Academie Union-Sandeman, home of the club of Gent.
Gent’s performance was a matter of skill, not luck. In the PR competition between Gent, Brugge and Leuven 2, they came out on top with a wide margin:
Thank you to all participants for their commitment and sportsmanship. We hope you enjoyed the competition and we look forward to the 2020 edition.
For the 11th time, we’re going to get together and enjoy a whole day of backgammon in Leuven Open!
Let’s mark our calendars: November 10th, 9:00 to 19:00, Brasserie De Abdijmolen.
More info and registration
Date: 10th November 2019
Location: Brasserie De Abdijmolen, Abdij van Park 4, 3001 Heverlee
Format: 7 rounds of 5-point matches, Swiss format, 10min bank time plus 12sec
Registration fee, including breakfast and lunch: €29 (not later than Nov
3rd), or €35 (cash payment at the event).
Looking forward to seeing you in the event!
Backgammon Club Leuven